Serve as an assistant coach of an elementary athletic sport following Laramie County School District #1 guidelines; provide supervision of student athletes during their participation in the program; use sound instructional techniques; and serve as a positive role model to student athletes.
- Assist with the supervision of practice sessions to develop sport skills and sportsmanship with student athletes in the sport. Always ensure student safety and make sure student athletes are equipped for safety.
- Attend and assist with monitoring all practices and events.
- Assist with communicating with student athletes and parents regarding practice schedules and events.
- Assist with inventory and security of equipment and supplies.
- Follow all Laramie County School District #1 guidelines.
- Assist the head coach with the implementation of the LCSD#1 elementary sport’s curriculum during practices.
- Demonstrate fairness and consistency in all decisions and judgments related to the sport participants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
Scheduling, organizational, and time management skills.
Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate sportsmanship with all athletes, parents, and community members.
Basic knowledge of the sport.
Written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
Ability to maintain honesty and integrity in all aspects of the job.
Ability and willingness to adhere to attendance requirements, including regular and punctual employee presence.
Ability to promote and follow Board of Trustees policies, District policies, and building and department procedures.