- Responsible for all matters relating to the organization, administration, and philosophy of an elementary basketball team under his/her direction.
- Acts as a positive role model on and off the court/field/site, etc.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Maintains competency in NLCS rules, event procedures, coaching techniques, and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Works cooperatively with all other elementary coaches and students to ensure healthy and positive rivalries.
- Monitor athlete development (academically and athletically)
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times.
- Ensures that no bullying/hazing occurs in his/her sport.
- Communicate effectively with parents/athletes in a timely/efficient manner
- Oversees the safety condition of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted at all times that students are present.
- Valid teaching certificate and a bachelor’s degree preferred.
- First aid and CPR training preferred.
- Ability to organize and oversee all aspects of a successful basketball program.
- Extensive knowledge of the game of basketball.
- Strong organization, leadership, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of proper training and conditioning techniques and ability to implement.
- Background check.