Creating a classroom environment that develops an understanding of healthy body function and exercise while motivating each student to love physical fitness and display appropriate social and emotional skills.
- Kansas Teaching License.
- Degree from an accredited college and university with intensive course work in physical and health education.
- All USD 383 employees must pass a background check.
- Develops and supervises an effective and comprehensive curriculum of physical education for all students in the elementary schools.
- Communicates such programs to the administration, the staff, and the public at large.
- Consultant for additions, changes, and alterations to school playgrounds and gymnasiums.
- Develops and supervises a system of centralization of physical education supplies, and equipment, including purchasing, repair, storage, and maintenance.
- Determination of budget expenditure in their school.
- Be a resource for consultation on physical education activities.
- Participates in noon luncheons, in-service workshops, and demonstrations with the elementary physical education teachers.