Classroom teacher means a professional educator who has a direct instructional or counseling relationship with students and who spends the majority of his or her time in this capacity.
- Valid teaching certificate licensing the individual to teach in the specializations and grade levels pursuant to WV Code §18A-3-2.
- Criminal background check conducted pursuant to WV Code §18-5-15c and/or §18A-3-10, as appropriate.
- Meet the qualifications outlined in WV Code §18A-3-2a.
- Develops and implements lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of WV Content Standards and Objectives, district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required;
- Uses 21st?Century Technology skills to strengthen the teaching/learning process;
- Delivers rigorous instruction to all students;
- Prepares lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles;
- Presents subject matter according to guidelines established by WVDE and board policies, and administrative regulations;
- Plans and uses appropriate instructional and learning strategies,?activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned;
- Conducts assessment of student learning styles and uses results to support school-wide academic performance goals and instructional activities;
- Works cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).