- TSPC License or ability to obtain a TSPC license upon hire.
- Passion for subject matter and teaching, with a commitment to student success.
- Capable of developing and presenting appropriate, creative, and adaptable curriculum.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Personable: Ability to build rapport with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Of good moral character: Honest, trustworthy, and dependable, with a strong work ethic.
- Familiarity with classroom technology such as whiteboards, computers, chromebooks, and online student information systems.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Plan and prepare lesson plans and instructional materials.
- Deliver engaging lessons to diverse groups of students.
- Teach to common core standards and district established goals.
- Assign, correct, grade, and give feedback on classwork, homework, and tests.
- Track student progress by maintaining accurate, complete, and timely records of student grades.
- Communicate regularly with students, parents, and colleagues regarding student progress and student needs.
- Attend and participate in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and common areas by enforcing school rules and procedures.
- Monitor student attendance.
- Participate in in-service and professional development opportunities as assigned by administration.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.