- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university or college.
- Valid Nebraska Certificate with appropriate endorsement in subject area.
- Successful teaching and/or practice teaching experience.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find appropriate.
- Successfully pass district background check.
To organize and foster a collaborative environment which effectively facilitates student learning, increases interpersonal communication skills, develops a deeper appreciation of culture and heritage, and reinforces respect for self, property and others. The classroom teacher is expected to be a positive role model and assist students in his/her development as a productive citizen and responsible adult.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (Intellectual, Sensory):
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Skills in leadership, organization, problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Skills in human relations; ability to deal with a variety of people.
- Ability to work under stress.