Elgin U-46 Elementary Physical Educators are results-driven educators with experience in, and commitment to implementing a standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions. They are proven managers of classrooms who have established a culture of learning for all students with the effective implementation of strategies, structure, and high expectations to achieve measurable academic, physical and social emotional success.
1. Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students.
2. Implement and modify K-6 standards based U-46 physical education curriculum and assessments.
3. Assesses student's skills, knowledge and abilities pertaining to physical education for the purpose of providing formal and informal feedback to students, parents, administration and state reporting.
4. Use consistent school-wide practices and individualized methods to engage all students.
5. Uses assessment and observation to identify students’ physical, behavioral and cognitive needs to support the development and implementation of IEP goals and data tracking.
KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS:
1. Develop and implement a variety of assessments and data to refine instructional practices.
2. Modifies curriculum, instruction, and equipment based on individual student needs.
3. Able to assess individual student growth in physical, social, emotional and cognitive areas within the physical education classroom.