Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses classroom procedures that support effective teaching and learning to promote high student achievement.
- Develops a climate and culture of openness, fairness, mutual respect, support, and inquiry.
- Engages every student in grade level appropriate learning experiences that promote performance.
- Designs lessons to promote student engagement through active learning, hands-on application, and teacher-student and student-student conversations regarding the learning.
- Uses formal and informal assessment strategies to maximize student achievement and modify instructional strategies as needed.
- Collects and utilizes data for continual improvement.
- Submits collaborative lesson plans timely.
- Regularly updates digital gradebook and communicates with parents regarding student progress.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science in Education or field instruction required.
- Florida Teaching Certification in the subject area.