The Physical Education Teacher encourages participation in challenging physical activity and to foster sportsmanship. To develop habits of personal hygiene. To stress the importance of safety in the Multi-purpose Room (gym) and outdoors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and supervise an effective, comprehensive, and equal curriculum of physical education for all students.
- Interact with the students and to encourage their involvement in activities.
- Assist in the recruiting, interviewing, screening, and recommending of qualified persons to fill openings on the physical education instructional staff and on the extracurricular athletics coaching staff.
- Facilitates in-service workshops and demonstrations concerned with instructional techniques as well as fundamental principles of a wide variety of physical activities.
- Works closely with teachers to ascertain physical education needs and to provide for these needs within the constraints of the budget.
- Assume a leadership role in the acquisition, development, and utilization of appropriate playing fields, playgrounds and similar facilities.
- Possess an Oregon Teaching Certificate with an endorsement in Physical Education.
- Physical stamina.
- Ability to recognize and record significant individual and group behavior.
- Demonstrated judgment to handle crisis situations and to use supervision constructively.