Provide an effective program of instruction based on the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Kansas Teaching Certificate/License.
- "Highly qualified" status according to KSDE and federal regulations.
- SPED and/or ESL endorsement preferred.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Performance and Responsibilities:
- Builds instruction upon previously learned materials.
- Uses a variety of teaching materials and techniques as appropriate for the content area.
- Uses a variety of teaching materials and techniques as appropriate for all students/adults as assigned.
- Provides for regular assessment of student/adult needs and progress.
- Provides for appropriate re-teaching, adaptation, and/or extensions if needed.
- Provides evidence of individual student/adult learning.
- Prepares for assigned classes and can show evidence of such preparation.
- Demonstrates effective skills in reading, writing, math, and speaking as necessary for the assignment.