Keeping within the law, board policies, and administrative rules, the primary responsibility of the teacher is in the instruction of students. Instruction refers to the teaching/learning process that includes student guidance and management, as well as a demonstration of skills and knowledge in subject area(s) to be taught. When required, the teacher will also contribute to total school planning in the areas of budgeting, curriculum, and evaluating programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts oneself in the best interest of students, in accordance with the highest traditions of public education and in support of the District’s Mission.
- Provides a variety of classroom techniques and methods.
- Promotes high levels of achievement in relation to individual student abilities.
- Uses techniques and methodologies appropriate to student abilities.
- Utilizes current and relevant subject matter.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and ability to use research-based principles of effective instruction.
- Organizes instruction using learning objectives with clearly defined student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or other acceptable educational training.
- Valid Oregon teaching license with appropriate subject endorsement if needed.