ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches district approved curriculum.
- Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional material and provides individualized and small group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Translates lesson plans into developmentally appropriate learning experiences.
- Communicates regularly with parents outside normal classroom day by means of newsletters, notes, phone calls, conferences, etc.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve an effective learning atmosphere.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records and prepares progress reports.
- Valid Michigan Elementary Teacher Certification with elementary endorsement.
- Additional endorsements, i.e., ZA, DD, ZG, as appropriate for the position preferred.
- Meets requirements of NCLB legislation.