- Valid Washington Teaching Certificate with proper endorsement for elementary education.
- Bilingual/Spanish speaking preferred.
- Knowledge of current trends in curriculum, instruction and technology.
- Ability to plan instructional programs to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Evidence of classroom management skills to provide a productive learning environment.
- Knowledge/experience with new state assessment requirements preferred.
- Thorough understanding of cooperative learning groups and techniques.
- Elementary teaching experience preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work cooperatively with administration and staff to develop and implement instructional programs and activities.
- Effectively teach the approved curriculum using appropriate instructional methods and materials to meet district objectives for student learning.
- Effectively communicate learning progress with students and parents.
- Participate in school or district activities, meetings, and conferences as required.
- Maintain required reports and records.
- Direct activities of non-certificated personnel, if required.
Aberdeen School District complies with all federal rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, creed, religion, age, veteran or military status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.