Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the physical education program to promote student wellness and lifelong commitment to fitness.
- Develop lesson plans and make use of a variety of physical education equipment to provide individualized and group instruction.
- Evaluate student academic progress and participation, keep appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other staff members in assessing and assisting students in solving health, behavioral, and learning difficulties.
- Set high expectations for student achievement and behavior throughout the educational setting.
- Work cooperatively with school staff to schedule physical education classes and meet student needs.
- Commit to professional development; take advantage of quality training opportunities.
- Advise staff on fitness activities that can be incorporated across the school.
- The physical education teacher is responsible for the instruction and supervision of students.
- The teacher identifies the needs of students through regular assessment and develops instructional plans based upon student and classroom needs.
- Qualified applicants should have a current and appropriate Teaching License.
- All candidates must have knowledge of the state physical education standards and training and/or experience with teaching physical education to elementary students.
South Lane School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, parental or marital status, age, veterans’ status or genetic information.