- Valid State of Iowa teaching license: required.
- K-8 Physical Education: required.
- Previous teaching experience: preferred.
- Create and maintain healthy relationships with students.
- Demonstrate flexibility, high levels of motivation and enthusiasm when working with high school learners.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements of a Professional Learning Community (PLC) and by able to apply that understanding to a team situation.
- Understand and apply in professional practice the Waukee Framework for Meeting the Needs of All Students.
- Understand and experience in using multiple teaching methods: co-teaching, collaborating, whole/small group and individualized instruction.
- Commit to meeting the needs of diverse learners, including previous experience implementing adaptive PE.
- Success in writing and obtaining grants for PE Equipment and Technology.
- Strong Social Media Presence, as a communication source for families (Twitter, Blog, SeeSaw, etc.)
- Experience with Project-Based Learning and Engineering Design Process (EDP) as well as Jigsaw Process Integration
- Demonstration of utilizing student reflection and voice.
- Experience supporting non-profit clubs and/or organizations outside of the traditional school day.
Waukee Community School District is an equal opportunity employer.