To provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the assigned subject area to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to be successful.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of LISD’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differentiation.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles, interests and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student progress and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to LISD requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and grade level assigned.
- For teachers providing English Language Arts Reading instruction as the teacher of record, ESL certification is required.
- Experience in student teaching, internship, fieldwork, observation and all other placements required by universities or state approved programs for certification.
- Knowledge of assigned subject area; curriculum and instruction strategies; relevant technology; and state, LISD, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Skilled in communication, organization, problem-solving, critical thinking and flexibility.
- Ability to present information accurately and clearly; manage multiple priorities and projects; and instruct students and manage their behavior.