A Instructor provides students educational instruction that will foster and accelerate their intellectual, physical, social, and career development in accordance with district policies and procedures.
- Maintains clear and up-to-date written lesson plans. Able to show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Committed to Professional Learning Communities for school improvement.
- Increases continued student learning. Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Makes effective use of planning time. Observes designed working hours per the job assignment and uniqueness of each assignment.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, technology, and instructional media consistent with the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of behavior and procedure in the classroom and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree (preferred but not required).
- Teaching License (preferred but not required).
- Ability to learn, organize and implement an instructional program designed to educate, inspire and challenge K-6 students.
- Previous experience in a health education/training environment is desired.