The Physical Education Aide should be good at instructing, assisting, guiding, and caring for young children. Organizational, communication and problem-solving skills are also essential to this position. Assistants should be able to think creatively, make good decisions, and communicate effectively with all co-workers/parents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the classroom.
- Communicate with the parents to help create overall healthy relationships with families.
- Work with small groups of children to reinforce lessons.
- Provide one-on-one instruction to students.
- Supervise students in the classroom.
- Some classroom assistants may work specifically with students who have disabilities or other special needs, such as an inability to speak English.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to react quickly, calmly, and decisively in a crisis.
- Basic computer experience is required.