- Ensure that all children feel affirmed, valued and challenged every day.
- Create rigorous, engaging unit and daily lesson plans leveraging provided curricula/resources (in most cases).
- Infuse core values into daily lessons and every school practice, implementing school-wide student culture systems and positive classroom management strategies.
- Maintain a productive, organized, safe, neat and focused learning environment.
- Regularly analyze student work and academic data to adjust lessons, refine curricula and inform instructional practices.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Maintain accurate student grades/records and strong lines of communication with families regarding students’ growth and progress.
- Model and implement all school policies within the classroom.
- Serve as a role model for students.
Qualifications & Credentials:
- Love and see the high potential of all children.
- Demonstrated ability to drive student growth and achievement and to create a warm, inclusive, rigorous learning environment.
- Passion for subject/content area and demonstrated commitment to professional learning.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute positively to a school team.
- 2+ years of full-time teaching experience (outside of substitute teaching) in an urban setting strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
KIPP Philadelphia Schools is an equal opportunity employer. Employees are selected on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.