Building a foundation of skills, knowledge and character, University Prep educates every K-5 scholar for a four year college degree and life of opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Embody mission and vision of University Prep along with the organization’s core values.
- Intellectually prepare for and implement a comprehensive, standards aligned enrichment program for kindergarten through fifth grade scholars (PE).
- Engage in deliberate practice with leaders and colleagues to ensure full preparation before delivering instruction in front of children.
- Leverage daily, weekly, interim and end of year assessments to consistently capture student learning/understanding.
- Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of University Prep.
- Full commitment to organization’s core values and core identity.
- Unyielding optimism that children can perform at or above grade level regardless of where they may be starting their educational journey.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
- Minimum of one year working in urban education and/or with a diverse student population.
- For those with teaching experience: history of leading significant gains in student performance
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills as evidenced by exceptional time and task management
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends along with a “whatever it takes” disposition.
- Openness to feedback and a strong desire for continual growth and development as a professional.
- Willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement without excuse.
- Demonstrated track record of operating with a growth mindset and deep humility in all previous roles.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) (not required).
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.