- Designs engaging and rigorous instructional experiences following curriculum guidelines or requirements of state and school.
- Delivers instruction and provides growth-producing feedback.
- Administers assessments and records results to determine student progress. Shares results with students and parents to determine next steps in instruction.
- Assigns lessons, corrects papers, and hears oral presentations.
- Maintains attendance and grade records.
- Teaches rules of conduct.
- Maintains a positive classroom environment through the use of effective classroom management techniques.
- Communicates effectively with parents to discuss student progress and problems.
- Participates in faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Complies with school and school board policies and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field of education from an accredited college or university.
- Must have or be eligible for an appropriate teaching license from the Virginia Department of Education.
Henry County Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer.