- Develops, maintains and consistently updates ability-appropriate, standards-based curriculum specific to each grade level.
- Employs a wide variety of developmentally appropriate instructional strategies that encourage all students to engage in every learning experience.
- Maintains an inclusive, highly active, cognitively enriching, positive learning environment that incorporates school-wide behavioral expectations.
- Provides comprehensive safety instruction and supervision and regularly checks equipment and learning environments to insure the safety of all students.
- Valid Illinois State Professional Educator License (PEL).
- Endorsement in Physical Education in elementary grade ranges K-5.
- Duties are usually performed in a school cafeteria, gym, or outside in a field/playground.
- Works in moderately noisy conditions.
- Works in and around moving objects and people.