The Sioux City Community School District exists to educate students to believe in their talents and skills, achieve academic excellence and succeed in reaching their potential.
- Iowa teaching license.
- K-12 Elementary Endorsement required.
- CPR Trainer Certification Required.
- Demonstrates competence in classroom management.
- Aligns assessment with instruction.
- Knowledge of Differentiated Instruction and classroom application.
- Proficient in the demonstration of research-based instructional practices.
- Creates a classroom culture that supports learning of every student.
- Highly skilled in the use of technology to enhance instruction (document camera, CPS responders, interactive board).
- Experience with Diverse Student Populations preferred.
- Able to work on a team, serving a diverse student population.
The Sioux City Community School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. It is an unfair or discriminatory practice for any educational institution to discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information (for employment), national origin, religion, age (for employment), disability, socioeconomic status (for programs), marital status (for programs), or veteran status (for employment) in its educational programs and its employment practices.