The job of "Teacher" is done for the purpose/s of developing students' academic and interpersonal skills through implementing District approved curriculum and/or the appropriate presentations of courses of study; documenting teaching and student progress/ activities/ outcomes; addressing specific academic needs of students; providing a safe and optimal learning environment; and, providing feedback to students, parents/guardians and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
- Selects or writes learning goals that are based upon the district's expected outcomes, Oregon Board of Education directives, and the physical and mental maturity of the students.
- Determines the current achievement level of the students with respect to the learning goals.
- Establishes objectives for a unit of instruction, formulates daily lessons and evaluates student’s attainment of learning goals.
- Adapts unit and lesson plans for exceptional learners and for students from varying cultural, social, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Selects and organizes instructional materials and equipment for the unit of instruction.
- Designs instructional activities to achieve unit and lesson objectives.
- Estimates the time required for direct instruction, student practice and application, and evaluation of student learning.
- Prior success in job related experiences (may include successful supervised student teaching).
- University degree in the field of education and/or State of Oregon requirements for a teaching license. District will sponsor Restricted/Emergency Licensure.
- State of Oregon Teaching License appropriate to assignment, Oregon Fingerprint and Criminal Check clearance, First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificates is required in some assignments.