The Physical Education (PE) Teacher assists students in learning the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women. The PE Teacher reports to the building principal.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches district-approved curriculum.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals, and, in harmony with the goals, established clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education with PE (MB) endorsement required, Physical Education/Health (MX) preferred.
- Must be highly qualified in the subject matter assigned.
- Must possess a valid Michigan teaching certificate.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.