To develop in each student an understanding of the relationship of good body function and exercise; to motivate each student to cultivate physical fitness, hygienic habits, and good social and emotional adjustment; to discover and develop talents of students in physical achievement; to develop strength, skill, agility, poise, and coordination in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports, in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Valid MA DESE Licensure as an elementary physical education teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree with physical education major or minor.
- Successful student teaching and physical education teaching experience.
- Develop lessons and activities aligned to the MA Curriculum Framework: Comprehensive Health and Physical Education Standards
- Develop lessons and activities that help students develop the skills, knowledge, and desire to, and maintain lifelong physical activity.
- Design and implement learning experiences that maximize opportunities for, and participation for all children to learn and be physically active. This includes providing appropriate accommodations and modifications to students.
- Utilize formative and summative assessments to evaluate each student’s growth in physical skills, knowledge, and participation
- Assessments should include clearly defined criteria that are articulated to students as part of instruction before the assessment; a rubric is provided and explained during instruction.
- Adjust instruction based on analysis of student performances and assessment data.