The Primary Academy Physical Education lead teacher facilitates a strong school climate and culture as a member of the Tulsa Legacy specials’ team. The Physical Education teacher supports student’s social emotional growth and development through movement.
- A Legacy teacher works to create and enhance a culture of achievement and respect where high expectations and results are the norm. All teachers are responsible for demonstrating significant and measurable academic gains, each year, with the students they teach. All teachers’ actions must always be aligned with our mission, vision, core values and education program. The essential functions for our teachers are as follows.
- Lead Physical Education specials class for scholars Kindergarten through 3rd grade.
- Add Physical Education scope and sequence for every grade to the Primary Learning Progression.
- Plan and execute 1-3 Physical Education showcases per year (ex. Health and Fitness Night).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or higher; Bachelor's degree and teacher certification not required, but preferred.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred.
- Proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban environment.
- Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program.