Reporting to the Manager of Athletics, Health, and Wellness, League Coordinators have direct oversight of a group of 4-12 elementary aged baseball and softball teams, including supervising high school-aged coaches and serving as liaison between REAL Kids Site Managers and Athletics, Health, and Wellness staff.
- Drive implementation of youth baseball and softball practices;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors, high energy, and skill building and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and volunteers;
- Lead morning huddles with Youth Workers to review Athletics curriculum, train in facilitation best practices and strategies, and provide staff with coaching and feedback;
- Oversee their league’s baseball and softball programming;
- Monitor youth and staff during practices and games;
- Attend and co-facilitate meetings with high school-aged coaches (daily) and college-aged coaches (2x/week).
- 18+ years old and high school diploma or equivalent required;
- 2+ years experience working in sports-based youth development;
- Ability to promote, model and uphold positive youth development principles;
- Demonstrated strength as a baseball or softball coach strongly preferred;
- Experience playing baseball or softball strongly preferred;
- Experience managing/supervising a team of 10+ staff members preferred;
- 2+ years experience in summer youth development or athletics program planning and implementation, preferred.