Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
- Capitalizes students' interests to engage students to become independent learners.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of subjects assigned.
- Deliver the district curriculum
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.