The Elementary Youth Cross Country Coordinator supervises and coordinates the Elementary Youth Cross Country Program, using the basic philosophy adopted by the Cross Country Program at Harding High School. The coordinator will assist with instruction, as well as supervision of events, including games, practices and other activities. They will work under the direction of the Harding High School coaches.
- Fundamentals of Coaching.
- Concussion Education.
- Valid CPR Certification.
- First Aide/Health Safety.
- A thorough knowledge of the sport/activity that is being taught.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training – Lindsey’s Law.
- Alternative to the above qualifications as superintendent and/or board of education may find appropriate.
- Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgment.
- Respond appropriately to crisis situations (i.e. emergencies, employee/parent concerns).
- Ensure the safety of students.
- Set a good moral and ethical example for athletes, the student body, and community.
- Work cooperatively with the Head Coach to better the athletic program.
- Conduct oneself in an ethical manner during contests and practices.
- Assist the Head Coach as directed during practices.
- Notify parents of athlete(s) needing medical attention, refer for a physical and keeping records.
- Assist in the inventory and dissemination of athletic equipment.