As a key member of the Director of Athletics’ executive leadership team, the Executive Assistant Athletic Director for External Operations will assist the department in providing strong vision, leadership, management, coordination, and oversight of Tennessee State Athletics’ external operations. This position will report to the Director of Athletics.
- Lead fundraiser for Tennessee State Athletics and the Tennessee State Athletic Fund.
- Supervises the following: Athletics Fundraising, Capital Campaigns, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, Promotions, Events Management, Multi-Media Rights and Brand Management.
- Creates and implements the vision and strategic planning for external initiatives and operations.
- Works collaboratively with various units on campus and within the department.
- Conducts meetings to ensure coordination and sound communication across all departmental areas.
- Implements creative and innovative approach to revenue generation in coordination with other areas and key stakeholders on campus.
- Primary liaison for managing Tennessee State Athletics’ multimedia rights.
- Designs and implements a strategy to strengthen and expand Tennessee State Athletics’ brand in the greater Nashville community, region, and nationwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential for interaction with multiple constituent groups including the following: colleagues, coaches, donors, trustees, students, alumni, parents, and friends of Tennessee State University.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
- Self-confidence, strong organizational skills, and effective time management skills are essential.