The Executive Assistant relieves the Athletic Director (AD), a senior executive, of operational and administrative details and performs diverse, highly responsible, complex, and non-supervised administrative assistant, clerical, and office management functions that require recurring contact with senior administrators, staff, students, and parents; and a thorough knowledge of college policies, procedures and operations.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required. Higher education experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience in preparing mail merges for large mailings required.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to maintain composure and competence under pressure.
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information with complete discretion.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required; excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
- Supervisory skills and the ability to train, assign work, and review the work of full- and part-time employees and student workers are required.
- A working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications, and other systems or applications that may be used within the college or department is required.
- The ability to operate and troubleshoot electronic office equipment, computers, and peripherals, maintain complex filing systems and records, and make mathematical calculations is required.
- The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.