Direct and manage the overall program of extracurricular and intramural athletics for the district. Work to provide each student with opportunity to participate in an extracurricular athletic activity and ensure compliance with all state, University Interscholastic League (UIL), and local requirements.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with physical education endorsement.
- Knowledge of overall operations of an athletic program.
- Knowledge of state and UIL policies governing athletics.
- Ability to implement policy and procedures.
- Ability to interpret data.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage district’s athletic program and facilities.
- Establish physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete’s eligibility.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to gauge athletic program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.
- Plan necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.