Coaches student-athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition, models sportsmanship and effective life skills and promotes the development of appreciation and enjoyment of the sport.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instruct assistant coaches in techniques necessary to meet established program philosophy and objectives.
- Participate in the hiring of assistant coaches directly and indirectly through input at other levels.
- Assist in the scheduling of the activity or sport.
- Maintain proper communication with other coaches to ensure a 7-12 philosophy is consistently being implemented at all levels.
- Stay abreast of new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Comply with local, state and federal legal and regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
- Participates in the budget process with the athletic director.
- Is accountable for all equipment, uniforms issuance and collection, as well as off-season storage of the aforementioned items.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Current coaching authorization through the Iowa Board of Educational Examiners.
- Maintain required teaching certification.