The athletic director, who provides overall objectives and final evaluation in conjunction with the high school principals.
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport. (Major sports)
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through his/her instructions and actions.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Advises the athletic director and recommends policy, method or procedural changes.