The Football Assistant is responsible for supporting the football staff in various ways. This individual will assist the coaching staff with game and practice preparation to include: detailed breakdowns of opponent film, analytic data breakdowns of opponents, self-scout reports, scouting reports on personnel, scheme, and tendencies. This individual will also support the recruiting staff, football operations staff, video staff, strength & conditioning staff in various ways as assigned but the heads of those departments.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and a commitment to rules compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds and project a professional attitude.
- Commitment to the recruitment of quality student-athletes.
- Football philosophies must be compatible with those of the Head Coach.
- Ability to support gender and diversity commitment of the department.
- Must be eligible to obtain a State of New York driver’s license and must be able to comply with all university requirements pertaining to driving on state business.
- Support the coaching staff by completing duties as assigned to include: detailed breakdowns of opponent film, analytic data breakdowns of opponents, self-scout reports, scouting reports on personnel, scheme, and tendencies.
- Support the recruiting staff by assisting with prospect evaluation, prospect board management, official and unofficial visits.
- Support the football operations staff with team travel, player housing, complimentary game ticket management, Teamworks database management.
- Support the video staff with practice/game film, database management, Catapult system organization.
- Support the conditioning and training of team members in conjunction with the strength & conditioning staff, athletic trainers, and team physicians.