Normandy Schools Collaborative is seeking an experienced Football - Assistant Coach to lead efforts the school's football program by developing and executing a shared vision and mission for the development of student-athletes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Work with athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or MSHSAA Requirements for Athletic Coaches Special.
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.