The Assistant Coach works under the direction of the Head Coach, Activities Director and the building Principal: provides leadership, training and emotional support for students participating in a given sport. Supervises and assists in the sport program of his/her assignment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with rules, regulations and policies of the district (Safe Schools)athletic conference and the OSAA (where applicable).
- Report to Head Coach regarding injuries, potential safety hazards immediately.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season, in concert with the Head Coach, Activities Director within the conference and district philosophy.
- Recruits students for participation in sport.
- Provides supervision for athletes in the dressing room and during practices, as well as to and from home on away games.
- Promotes good sportsmanship, fair play, ethical conduct, and desirable pupil/teacher relationships.
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge of the sport to be coached, equipment and materials to be utilized in the sport, and supervisory principles/techniques.
- Skill in working with students, staff and patrons.
- Ability to apply effective principles in directing and motivating athletes.
- Ability to be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in coaching a team or group of players.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds on a consistent basis.
- First Aid/CPR required.