The Office of Intercollegiate Athletics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applicants for a three month temporary assignment as a full-time Assistant Football Coach to assist in all aspects of the IUP Football program at the Division II level and to create a quality student-athlete experience in academics, athletics and community service.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging academic progress and success of student athletes to ensure continuing eligibility to participate in NCAA competition and to graduate.
- Assist in game preparation (e.g. player conditioning, training, skill building, scouting other teams, and on deck coaching).
- Assist in player recruitment by maintaining contact with high school coaches to identify potential prospects, recommending schools to be visited, developing a recruiting schedule and recommending students for recruitment and scholarships.
- Assist in coordination and participation in fund-raising activities in support of IUP's athletic program.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of coaching experience.
- One to three years of professional coaching or professional playing experience.