Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to handle any concerns regarding coaches, players, or the athletic program.
- Create practice and contest schedules and coordinate facilities and transportation needs appropriately and in a timely manner in collaboration with the Athletic Director and Principal.
- Coordinate and supervise all practices, competitions, and other team events.
- Organize staffing and work with team parents and volunteers to sell tickets and operate the concession stand during home contests.
- Organize staffing and work with team parents and volunteers to operate scoreboards and other essential contest-related resources and equipment during home contests.
- Responsible for equipment including uniforms (inventory and storage).
- Supervise the proper and respectful use and storage of team equipment, and collaborate with the Athletic Director about any equipment needs and/or concerns.
- Compliance with Diocesan FBI fingerprint clearance and compliance with Safe Environment training and test requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of the sport at the competition level.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the management of large groups of students/athletes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the fundamental skills and techniques, as well as the advanced techniques in the sport.
- Demonstrate successful ability to teach, implement, advance, and model appropriate behavior, character traits, educational values, and school and Diocesan core values to student athletes.
- Demonstrate successful ability to work with parent groups, administrators, staff, and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively, appropriately, and professionally in writing, speech, and other forms of interaction.