- Possesses high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Possesses previous coaching and/or competition experience.
- Possesses certified first aid training.
- Directs the football program within policies set by the Administration of Whitefish Middle School.
- Organizes all facets of the program, unifies all the various parts, philosophies and staff into a harmonious concerted team.
- Establishes basic philosophies, ensuring development and integrating with district philosophy—both with the various football skill sets as well academics standards.
- Provides appropriate safety instruction, supervision, and is aware and reacts appropriately on equipment in need of repair to insure the overall safety of pupils
- Maintains a detailed activity/drill book and log.
- Establishes and supervises practice schedules and facilities.
- Assures and provides adequate supervision at all times before, during and after all practice sessions and games.
- Acts as an appropriate role model for middle school youth.