Football coach will coordinate, instruct, motivate and organize the football program. The head football coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director at Cardinal Mooney Catholic High School.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensure that all coaches on staff work together toward a common goal within the football program.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students' athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
- Work with the athletic director to schedule competitions and coordinate arrangements.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and Student Handbook.
- Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, teachers and athletic director.
- Maintain a current inventory of all fixed assets within the program.