- Valid first aid/CPR Card.
- Preference will be given to those who have coaching experience specific to the position.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with students, staff, parents and community.
- Willingness to maintain and improve knowledge through regular course work and clinics.
- Meet the WIAA coaching criteria.
- Successful Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation Fingerprint Clearance.
- Provide direct leadership and organization for all levels of the assigned sport/activity; support Head Coach
- Provide direct ongoing supervision of all athletes, manage before/during/after all practices/conditioning sessions, games/ travel and other school-sanctioned events
- Develop appropriate objectives of the assigned sport/activity
- Maintain knowledge of league and district rules and regulations related directly to the assigned sport/activity, student participation and parent/community involvement
- Continually teach and emphasize safety procedures and precautions to all athletes
- Manage the sport/activity budget, equipment and supply inventory, order all necessary equipment and ensure all equipment and facilities are maintained in a safe condition
- Communicate (phone or in person – not email) with parents when a student athlete is academically ineligible and ensure those student athletes do not participate in games until cleared by the athletic director.
- Ensure that student athletes who have violated the athletic code serve the assigned consequences and do not practice/participate during when consequences call for this action.