- Prepare and deliver a position specific training program for all student-athletes.
- Assess the skill development of each student-athlete, partnering with school staff and performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Interacts with the student-athlete as a mentor and as an educator of the sport
- Partner’s with the student-athlete’s parent/guardian regarding their overall development.
- Effectively communicates to student-athletes and their parents/guardians.
- Assists in the college placement of the student-athlete.
- Some travel is necessary.
- Assists in the recognizing of prospective student-athletes.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience in coaching and/or playing football at the professional, collegiate and/or high school level.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business administration or a similar sports or business related field or the equivalent.
- A superior work ethic.
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required.