The University of Virginia is a highly competitive Division I program committed to academic and athletic excellence. The Department of Athletics at the University of Virginia is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Player Engagement to support the Football program.
- Assist with the implementation of the entire CAV Code including all Career Development, Life Skills/Leadership, Curriculum, and Personal Growth.
- Organize team building activities throughout the year.
- Coordinate on-boarding processes for spring/summer and mid-year football student-athletes.
- Assist with student-athlete compliance with mandatory University, athletic department, and program tasks.
- Assist with event planning and execution as needed.
- Coordinate players’ corner - entertainment.
- Coordinate facility TV communication plan.
- Excitement about building our program; a positive and high energy level with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, working quickly and completing tasks effectively.
- Demonstrated genuine concern and interest for the welfare of student-athletes.
- Knowledge of NCAA, ACC and institutional rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability and desire to perform accurate, detail-oriented work, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Proven organizational skills and an openness to new approaches and new ideas.