To motivate and develop each athletes’ skills, attitudes, and habits that will guide them toward success, personal growth, and good character. To provide examples of fair play, team building, and respect. Provide leadership and motivation to excel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Organize practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assign positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in football.
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players.
- Arrange with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation, scheduling, coordinating of officials, or other arrangements for competitions related to the sport.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Idaho Teaching Certification, American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification strongly preferred.
- Certification or willingness to obtain certification in first aid and CPR required.