The Assistant Coach will work to carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is to instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling and making travel arrangements when asked.
- Works with the Head Coach to prepare and adhere to scheduled facility times.
- Assists the Head Coach in matters related to compliance with district and OSAA requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent forms, insurance waivers, and academic/residence eligibility.
- Assists the Head Coach in providing proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment and facilities and teaching the planned safety program.
- Has a thorough knowledge of all the Athletic Policies endorsed by the Medford School District Board of Education and is responsible for its compliance.
- Has knowledge of Oregon School Activities Association rules and regulations as well as Southern Oregon Conference Guidelines; implements those same consistently and is responsible for compliance.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Works to increase morale and cooperation within the school's entire athletic program.
- Knows effective safety procedures in their sport, plans and implements a program of instruction in safe practices.