Job Goal: T
o carry out the objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Head Coach and school administration. To instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Certificated and/or professionally licensed non-administrative employee of the Brandywine School District preferred.
- Previous coaching experience in identified sport.
- Knowledge and background in identified sport.
- Assist the Head Coach in carrying out his/her duties.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding, and implementing the school district, state and league rules. Must be certified in CPR.
- Help with supervision and conduct practices and contests in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Accountable to the Head Coach for all equipment and uniforms used in their program.
- Work toward building and teaching good sportsmanship, cooperative work ethic and responsibility.
- Teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the Head Coach.
- Work towards developing good public relations with the parents, school, booster club and community.
- Communicate any player or parent concerns to the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director.
- Direct injured players to the Athletic Trainer and report injuries to the nurse. Keep emergency cards on athletes with you at all times.
- Submit team records, awards and obligations for lost or missing uniforms and equipment at the end of the season.