- Successful high school or college experience in baseball.
- Experience as a coach/assistant coach preferred.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of baseball.
- Valid Michigan teaching certificate is desirable.
- Knowledge of weight training and conditioning techniques.
- Previous experience working with students.
- Candidate should demonstrate interest in, and aptitude for, performing the assignment of head coach.
- MHSAA P.A. C.E. Program recommended for all coaches.
- Work as a team member of the coaching staff.
- Prepare training/practice sessions, meet preparations and team travel arrangements.
- Maintain a professional competency by attending clinics and state rule meetings as needed.
- Ability to complete other trainings as necessary to provide a safe environment for student athletes as assigned by the district.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents, administration, players and staff.
- Submit an annual record of contest results and records.
- Supervise the issuance, cleaning, storage, return and care of all athletic equipment.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression), disability, age, religion, height, weight, marital or family status, military status, ancestry, genetic information, or any other legally protected category, (collectively, "Protected Classes"), in its educational programs and activities, including employment opportunities.