Incarnate Word High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, seeks a part-time Freshman Basketball Coach for the 2022-2023 school year. This position reports to the Athletic Director of Incarnate Word High School (IWHS).
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses student’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs students, individual or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes athletes, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy bases on the team’s capabilities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students.
- Understanding of the mission of Incarnate Word High School.
- Successful completion of VIRTUS and background check.